Governor Jay Nixon is the best friend you have in the Missouri legislative process
The Republicans are dead-set on harming your current employee rights, and the Governor’s veto power is the ONLY thing standing in their way. Thank the Governor. And help him.
- Do not believe the Republicans on issues related to civil rights or worker rights — They are your enemy — (Are YOU more qualified to make this nasty judgement, or am I?)
- I watch the details and you don’t.
- The Republicans really are opposed to worker rights.
- They work in the background, with dirty-details provisions in laws, to harm your interests and satisfy their corporate donors
- But some individual legislators may disagree, and yet play along for political reasons, as Presidential Candidate Rick Santorum candidly admitted recently when he talked about “taking one for the team” — which means voting for something he does not believe in — This type of attitude is way way more common at our local level than it is on the Federal level, and happens all the time — Fight back against “the team”.
- If you think that I don’t know how the system works, well you would be naive, and possibly one of the people seduced by Rush and by Fox into voting for your enemies.
- And the Republicans can possibly get enough support from “Conservative Democrats” to over-rule vetoes by the Governor, so your rights are in jeopardy.
- Have I already said that your rights are under attack by your “family-friendly” Republican legislature? If so, I apologize for repeating myself. But your meager rights are under attack by these people who are holier-than-thou.
- I wonder — If we did a poll, would working people want MORE or LESS job rights? Republican politicians are aggressively working to make LESS rights. The minority Democrats are futilely working to make MORE rights.
- You will not get stronger employee rights from a Republican-controlled legislature.
- Support the Governor. Help him any way you can — If you are unemployed, then you probably have some extra time to spend working for him..
- Your current Governor has been your friend — He vetoes bad bills passed by your enemy —> the Republican-controlled Missouri Legislature.
Article written by | Tim Willoughby
***** END OF ARTICLE *****
Timslaw.com Missouri Employment Law
Maintained by Attorney Phil Willoughby
Founded by Tim Willoughby, Esq. (1959-2013)
Phil is a Missouri employment lawyer who is licensed to practice in Kansas and Missouri, and primarily takes cases in Saint Louis and Kansas City.
He is a member of the Missouri Bar Association and Kansas Bar Association.
Additionally, he has practiced in the United States Federal Courts of Missouri in St. Louis and Kansas City.
He has also practiced in the Kansas Federal District Court in Kansas City, Kansas.
Missouri Bar Website (To view the directory of lawyers).
Phil Willoughby, Attorney
Licensed in Missouri and Kansas
Kansas City Office:
GUNN, SHANK & STOVER, P.C.
9800 NW Polo, Suite 100
Kansas City, MO 64153
Google Map of 9800 NW Polo, Kansas City, MO 64053
St. Louis, MO Office:
St. Louis: 314-729-7750
Kansas City: 816-454-5600
Website - www.TimsLaw.com
Detailed Directions to Phil's office
Info about contacting the Willoughby Law Firm
"THE CHOICE OF AN ATTORNEY IS AN IMPORTANT DECISION AND SHOULD NOT BE SOLELY BASED ON ADVERTISING.