Categorized – Jump to each category or just scroll down the page
Employee Rights info – private sources
Employee Rights info – key Government sources
Research laws and cases – Federal, Missouri and St. Louis
Management – Human Resources
Plaintiff’s Employment Lawyers
Missouri Legal Links, not employment law
Job Seeker Links
Courts, Rules, and the Bar Association
Employee Rights – Private Sources
Employee Rights – Key Government Sources
- Missouri Human Rights Comm. – The Missouri Commission on Human Rights site provides general info about the discrimination complaint process under Missouri’s anti-discrimination laws.
- Missouri Department Labor Industrial Relations – The Missouri Dept of Labor and Industrial Relations site talks about unemployment benefits, wage disputes, service letters, and other job law topics, but I’ve noticed that some of their info about wrongful termination is somewhat misleading.
- Missouri Department of Labor Industrial Relations Frequently Asked Questions page. Answers questions about Missouri wages and workplace standards, and much more.
- Missouri Division of Employment Security (DES) – Missouri DES handles unemployment benefits.
- EEOC-Equal Employment Opportunity Commission – The EEOC website has Quick Start Guides for employers and employees, the EEOC compliance manual, comprehensive FAQs, rights of Federal Employees, and much more.
- US Dept of Labor (DOL) – U.S. Dept of Labor has a wealth of info on many employment-related issues.
- FMLA pages at DOL – The US Dept of Labor provides detailed info about FMLA. Look around on the DOL site for similarly detailed info about the Fair Labor Standards Act governing minimum wage and overtime.
- National Labor Relations Board – The National Labor Relations Board supervises The National Labor Relations Act. Lots of info and even decisions of the Board.
- Federal Merit System Protection Board – The Merit System Protection Board tries to explain the merit system complaint process.
- Federal EEO complaint procedure – from the EEOC – The EEOC has lots of info explaining the rights of Federal workers who have been discriminated against.
- Federal Office of Personnel Management (OPM) – The Federal OPM supervises the personnel practices pertaining to Federal Employees, and provides much detailed information about the personnel laws and regulations.
Find laws and cases
- Missouri Statutes – The Missouri government site provides an easy to use search engine and nice table of contents for Missouri’s statutes.
- MO Code State Regulations – Code of State Regulations from the Missouri Secretary of State site. These regs work hand in hand with state laws.
- St. Louis City Laws – The St. Louis Public Library hosts the laws of the City of St. Louis.
- USA Laws at Cornell Univ. – The Legal Information Institute at Cornell provides a search engine and other means of finding the text of Federal laws.
- USA Laws at US House – US House of Reps web site will let you search and download USA laws easily.
- USA Code Federal Regs – Code of Federal Regulations versions going back several years at G.P.O. These regs work hand in hand with the Federal Laws.
- All State laws at Cornell – The Legal Information Institute at Cornell provides any easy way of viewing the laws of all the states.] – check out other states and see how MO compares.
- LexisOne.com – Free case law research. Lexis is usually a pay service, but it has a ‘Lite’ free version for basic case law research covering cases issued in the last few years.
Management – Human Resources
Plaintiff Employment Lawyers
- Phil Willoughby – I am your host today. I am a Plaintiff’s Lawyer and webmaster of the Timslaw.com Missouri Employment Law Info Site. That’s where you are right now. I am primarily a Plaintiff’s Employment Lawyer practicing primarily in St. Louis and Kansas City, Missouri areas. See my bio here: About Missouri Plaintiff Employment Lawyer Phil Willoughby.
- For an introduction to the concept of Plaintiff Employment Lawyer, see my article What a Plaintiff Employment Lawyer is and how to find one.
- Links to other Missouri Employment Lawyers – See my page where I have begun to collect links to other Plaintiff’s Employment Lawyers, mostly focused on Missouri – Phil’s Links to Plaintiff’s Employment Lawyers.
- Links to Plaintiff’s Employment Lawyers Nationwide #1 – Visit the National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA) and click the links to see a state-by-state list of some employment lawyers, who have choosen to be listed.
- Links to Plaintiff’s Employment Lawyers Nationwide #2 – State by State local NELA affilate organizations, with contacts in those states. Maybe the contact person will refer your inquiry to local NELA members for you.
- Links to Plaintiff’s Employment Lawyers Nationwide #3 – Visit the long-time well-regarded employment lawyer list (by state) of Ronald Schwartz, from Chicago at WorkPlaceLawyer.com. Mr. Schwartz started putting up his employment lawyer list years ago. He also has a pretty good employment law info site. Some of his info may be inapplicable to the Eighth Federal Circuit, where we are here in St. Louis, but his site contains some interesting general articles on important employment law topics. His articles will raise the awareness of his visitors, and that’s the most important consideration, even if some of the details are inapplicable.
Missouri Legal Links
- Missouri Bar Association. For an added bonus, click around the MOBAR website, the section for the Public. You can read articles on many areas of law
- Bar Association of Metro St. Louis (BAMSL), just like MOBAR, has a lot of public information.
- Brown and Crouppen in St. Louis – Personal injury, bankruptcy, Social Security Disability and more. No one does more of these types of cases than Brown and Crouppen.
- Consumer Law Advocates in St. Louis – A consumer law firm in Chesterfield, if you feel cheated in a consumer matter. They tell you their standard fee terms right out on their website.
- Estate Planning and Elder Law – Purcell and Associates in St. Louis – If you’ve been wondering whether you might benefit from Estate Planning, or you have Elder Law issues, here’s a link to one of the best-known local firms to handle your problem and answer your questions. Very nice website as well.
- Peggy Hedrick, Springfield Missouri general practitioner – Attorney Hedrick does probate, family law, and debt collection, among other areas of law. She also maintains her own site. It’s a nice homey site with a lot of personality: “Marriage is made in Heaven, but so are thunder and lightning!!!” she says.
- Scott Law Firm, General Civil Practice in Columbia Missouri – Attorney Steve Scott has a very informative website on many Missouri legal subjects, such as Personal Injury, Estate Planning, Family Law, Real Estate, Business Law and other subjects. The site contains a lot of info, and is well designed and easy to navigate. I told Mr. Scott I may be stealing some design ideas from his site when I do the next overhaul.
- Schultz Legal Group – personal injury – St. Louis – The site has some useful information about important points to keep in mind, depending on the the kind of personal injury or accident claim you may have.
Job Seeker Links
Court and Bar info
***** END OF ARTICLE *****
Timslaw.com Missouri Employment Law
Maintained by Attorney Phil Willoughby
Founded by Tim Willoughby, Esq. (1959-2013)
Phil is a Missouri employment lawyer who is licensed to practice in Kansas and Missouri, and primarily takes cases in Saint Louis and Kansas City.
He is a member of the Missouri Bar Association and Kansas Bar Association.
Additionally, he has practiced in the United States Federal Courts of Missouri in St. Louis and Kansas City.
He has also practiced in the Kansas Federal District Court in Kansas City, Kansas.
Missouri Bar Website (To view the directory of lawyers).
Phil Willoughby, Attorney
Licensed in Missouri and Kansas
Kansas City Office:
GUNN, SHANK & STOVER, P.C.
9800 NW Polo, Suite 100
Kansas City, MO 64153
Google Map of 9800 NW Polo, Kansas City, MO 64053
St. Louis, MO Office:
St. Louis: 314-729-7750
Kansas City: 816-454-5600
Website - www.TimsLaw.com
Detailed Directions to Phil's office
Info about contacting the Willoughby Law Firm
"THE CHOICE OF AN ATTORNEY IS AN IMPORTANT DECISION AND SHOULD NOT BE SOLELY BASED ON ADVERTISING.
Convenient Consult Times Available